Contesting divorce after filing in arizona

When the parties agree on all aspects of the dissolution, the divorce is uncontested.

Understanding Divorce

If you are facing a contested dissolution as the petitioner or the respondent, you should seek legal counsel. Ronald V. Thomas, a Scottsdale divorce attorney, possesses the knowledge and skills to vigorously represent clients in their contested dissolutions.

Filing the Summons and Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with the court initiates a dissolution. Respondent is required to file with the court and serve on Petitioner, within a specified time, a response to the Petition.

How Much Does A Divorce Lawyer Cost In Arizona?

A party wishing to contest a divorce must file a Response to the Petition for Dissolution. If Respondent fails to timely file a Response, he or she may waive, or lose, the right to contest the divorce. Once Respondent files a Response, the court may require the parties to attend an Early Resolution Management Conference in an attempt to reach an agreement on the contested issues.

If the parties cannot agree, the court will set a trial date. The dissolution then enters the discovery process, which includes depositions, written questions called interrogatories, and document production. During this phase, the parties are gathering evidence regarding disputed issues.

Thomas is an experienced, zealous advocate who provides his clients with personal attention and care to successfully resolve their contested dissolutions. In cases where the other spouse cannot be located, people divorce by publication. Divorcing by publication means that you post notice of the divorce in a newspaper. After the ad runs for a consecutive number of days, the other partied is considered served. If you and your spouse are divorcing by agreement, you can obtain an Arizona divorce by consent — sometimes referred to as an uncontested divorce.

This type of divorce is distinctly different from the above three options, because in this case, both parties are active participants.

FAQs - Family, Divorce & Child Custody Law | Mied Law Group, P.C.

You must still file your Petition for divorce with the Court. Your spouse will then accept service of the Petition, saving you the cost of a process server. Instead, we will write all of your agreements regarding your divorce into a document called a Consent Decree of Dissolution of Marriage. Once you submit your consent decree, the judge assigned to your case has an additional sixty 60 days to sign off and make your divorce final.